Things I know to be true…
1. Everything happens for a reason.
2. Relationships unravel the way they are meant to.
3. Whatever is meant for you will find you.
4. The person God has for you will not let you slip away. That person will not take you for granted. That person will know you are one in a million. Their actions will reflect that.
5. Some people do not love you. They just love the way you love them.
6. You cannot respect a man if you do not first have self-respect and no relationship can be healthy without respect.
7. Exercise makes everything better.
8. Alcohol never makes anything better.
9. No problem is permanent.
10. There is no courage without vulnerability.
11. A person’s perceptions are reality for them even if they are wrong.
12. You cannot control other people’s perceptions or feelings.
13. What other people think of you is none of your business. Your business is being the best person you can be. The end.
14. What is meant for you cannot find you if you are inaccessible.
15. You cannot save everyone. It is not our place. God is on it and not everyone wants to be saved.
16. You teach people how to treat you.
17. Boundaries are not selfish. They are a form of respect that is good for you and everyone around you.
18. If you do not have clear boundaries, people will not respect you and it will not be their fault.
19. If you have your priorities straight, there is always enough time.
20. Everything is figureoutable.
21. If you say you can, you can. If you say you can’t, you’re right.
22. If you focus on what is missing, you will always feel like there is something missing.
23. If you focus on gratitude for what you already have, life will feel abundant. What you focus on, grows.
24. You can be a light to others, even on your darkest days. After all, light shines brightest in the darkness.
25. You were not born to be perfect. You were born to be real.
26. Watch your words. Words become your truth.
27. Action comes BEFORE motivation. To motivate yourself, you must first act.
28. Sometimes the fear won’t go away. So you will have to do it afraid.
29. Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles. It takes away today’s peace.
30. Fear does not prevent death. It prevents life.
DISCLAIMER: This is not, for the most part, original content. These are quotes and lessons I have heard and learned from many different places in the last several years. This is a collection reflecting post-traumatic growth and clarity that has made my life much, much better. In gratitude of all the sources of the above wisdom.
All my love,